Popper Magazine is the first Latvian illustration magazine, established on 2012 and made by enthusiastic artists, passionate about the visual form of illustration. If it’s said that picture or photograph can speak a 1000 words for itself, then we believe that an illustration can speak and reveal much more than that. Therefore, our goal is to communicate with people through visual language and also to make a contribution to the Latvian cultural life.
From 2014 our concept has changed a bit and now we are Popper Publishing. We are going to be a platform for books, artzines and other projects about illustration, graphic design, photography and fine art. Our main focus will still be on illustration with good old original Popper Magazine publishing.
Popper Publishing has published artists such as Shoboshobo, Ian Stevenson, Zosen, Ekta, 108, Moneyless, Tellas, Dem, Aleksandra Waliszewska, Laurent Impeduglia, Pakito Bolino, Tommi Musturi, Brecht Vandenbroucke, Raymond Lemstra, Malarky, Hell’O Monsters, Escif, Okuda San Miguel, Low Bros, Luke Ramsey, Gary Baseman, Ted Parker, Nick Mann, Elzo Durt, Stéphane Blanquet, Ohta Keiichi, Grimes & many more.
- Latvian Art Directors Club, Adwards 2015, first place in the category Printart & Design.
- Latvian Art Directors Club, Adwards 2014, second place in the category Printart & Design.
- Latvian Art Directors Club, Adwards 2013, second place in the category Printart & Design.
- 14th International Advertising festival Golden Hammer, gold in the category Books and Multipage Publications.
- PrintArt Award 2012, second place in the category Magazines.
- Selected for The eight shortlisted nominees for The Purvitis Art Prise 2015/2016 / exhibition "Above the Ground", gallery Alma.
- Winner of selected for The three shortlisted nominees of autumn vote in visual arts for "Kilograms kultūras" 2015 / exhibition "Systems", National Library of Latvia
Contact → email@example.com